BASIC NEEDS ASSISTANCE NAVIGATOR
Part Time, Hourly
Who We Are:
Our mission - “Meeting people at their point of need as an expression of God’s love.”
CCPC is a Christian, humanitarian community resource center that helps improve the lives of people and communities through meeting immediate and basic needs, serving as a leading networker of community resources, offering counseling and care support, and giving hope to those we serve.
Focusing primarily on the population centers of Summit and Wasatch counties, CCPC serves all people, regardless of race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, ethnicity or gender. We require no membership, dues, or compliance with our faith traditions to be served by our programs and resources.
We are a 501c(3), nonprofit organization that partners with other nonprofits, government agencies, businesses, churches, interfaith councils and individuals in order to meet the needs of our community.
The Basic Needs Assistance (BNA) Navigator for the Christian Center of Park City (CCPC) will seek to enhance the well-being of people within the Summit County community by providing Basic Needs Assistance intake through interviews, evaluations and needs assessments of clients.
- Conduct in-person assessments and screenings to identify and prioritize client's needs, both English and Spanish-speaking clients who are seeking support in accessing Basic Needs Assistance, mental health care and/or community services
- Become fully familiar with Summit County’s resources and affordable housing options, working with CCPC case management to support service coordination
- Identify resources available to assist in meeting client’s needs, adapting to changing needs as appropriate
- Help to provide Basic Needs Assistance in order to care for people in need through financial assistance, rent assistance, clothing and food assistance, community referrals, etc. for those living in Summit county, ensuring continuity of care
- Coordinate care with CCPC case management and programs, outside service providers and partner agencies
- Responsible for maintaining accurate records or reports regarding the client’s histories and progress as well as services provided for organizational and administrative purposes
- Effectively demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, in English and Spanish (preferred)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, able to plan ahead and manage multiple tasks with confidence
- Work in a team and communicate with honesty, integrity, and a sensitivity to the needs and differences of diverse cultures
- Maintain client confidentiality at all times
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Human Services, or related field required
- Good computer skills, familiar with social media, competent in Microsoft Office Suite, especially MS Word and Excel along with databases
- Strong relational, interpersonal and telephone skills
- Compassionate, empathetic, and culturally responsive, especially with people in distress
- Ability to work independently, in a multi-task environment and maintain positive attitude in the midst of change
- Passionately live out the vision and values of the Christian Center through this role and cast that vision to your team, volunteers, and clients of the Center and to the general public
- Participate in weekly staff meetings, weekly meeting with Director of Finance and other staff-related meetings when appropriate
- Foster a positive attitude toward change, accepting change with grace and excitement
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
Reports to: Certified Case Manager